Now for the first time, anyone can build an affordable, broadcast-quality, live production control room from a PC connected to any Blackmagic Design® capture and playback device with Livestream Studio™.
NEW YORK, NY – FEBRUARY 12, 2013 – To help further its mission to democratize live video, Livestream (livestream.com) announced the release of Livestream Studio™ (http://www.livestream.com/studiosoftware), the software-only edition of its successful live video switcher hardware, the Livestream Studio HD500. Now, anyone can build a live, multi-camera production switcher that competes with hardware products on the market for a fraction of the price. Livestream Studio works exclusively with any Blackmagic Design® capture and playback device and runs on Microsoft® Windows.
Key features include:
- Live Multi-camera: Up to 5 live video inputs or output via connected Blackmagic Design® devices
- HD Live Video Output: Analog, HDMI or HD-SDI via connected Blackmagic Design® devices
- Multi-view: Full field-rate multi-view to preview your cameras in real-time with audio levels
- Live transitions
- Live audio mixing
- Graphics overlay, transparency and dynamic titling
- Record to full resolution Blackmagic Design® MJPEG AVI
- Media players: Playback video clip files with automatic transition to live inputs
- Built-in live streaming encoder: Built-in encoder enabling one-click live streaming in HD multi-bitrate to the award-winning, ad-free Livestream Platform or any platform of your choice, including YouTube™ Live, Ustream™, Akamai™, Wowza™ Media Server and any CDN or server that supports RTMP
- Support: includes two months of the industry’s only 7 day a week phone support with knowledgeable customer service and technical support
“As more events, venues and producers decide to capture and broadcast live, the industry has been screaming for more affordable and flexible live video options,” said Max Haot, CEO and Co-founder of Livestream. “Today, we’re furthering our goal of democratizing live video production by delivering what the market has been waiting for. By unlocking software out of the hardware model at a reduced cost, we’re lowering the barriers to entry so anyone around the world can build their own live production switcher.”
Livestream Studio is designed to perform as a broadcast-quality live video switcher when using live video output (HD/SD SDI, HDMI, Component, S-Video, Composite) and is ideal for applications such as in-venue screen broadcasting, live-to-tape productions, network and local television programming, all with or without streaming to the web platform of your choice. Additionally, Livestream Studio includes two months of the industry’s only 7 day a week phone support with knowledgeable customer service and technical support. Livestream Studio is available worldwide today for $1,999 at http://store.livestream.com. Download the free evaluation version, now available at livestream.com/studiosoftware.
For all North and South American reseller opportunities, please contact our exclusive distributor 1 Source Video at: www.1sourcevideo.com, Phone: 732-290-7501
For EMEA/Asia distribution opportunities please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Livestream at NAB booth number SL10716 to learn about Livestream Studio, the Livestream Studio HD500, the Livestream Broadcaster and more products in the Livestream production suite.
Livestream’s mission is to connect people and live events. Livestream offers event owners a complete set of hardware and software tools to share their events with a growing community online. More than 30 million viewers each month watch thousands of live events from customers including The New York Times, Facebook, ESPN, SpaceX and Warner Bros. Records. Founded in 2007, Livestream is headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Ukraine and India. www.livestream.com